The list below is the most common plating and testing specifications for which Armoloy of Illinois has certification. While these are the most common specifications, Armoloy of Illinois also conforms to thousands of customer and industry specifications not listed here. Please contact us with any questions about your specification requirements.
- Aerospace Material Specification SAE AMS2438D Plating, Chromium Thin, Hard, Dense Deposit
- Aerospace Material Specification SAE AMS2406 | AMS-QQ-C-320, Chromium Plating (Electrodeposited)
- Aerospace Material Specification SAE AMS2460, Plating, Chromium
- Process Specification No. 180 Nodular Thin Dense Chromium (NTDC) Plating
- Honeywell GPS3116-1H Plating, Specialized
- Fisher FFS 2E1 Chromium Coating for Service to 1100F(593C)
- MIL—C-23422D(SH) Military Specification, Chromium Plating, Electrodeposited
- AMS2406 Plating, Chromium, Hard Deposit
- ASTM B650 Standard Specification for Electrodeposited Engineering Chromium Coatings on Ferrous Substrates
- ASTM B578 Standard Test Method for Microhardness of Electroplated Coatings
- Fisher General Specification FGS 8B7, Electroless Nickel Coatings
- Fisher General Specification FGS 8B10, Electroless Nickel Coatings
- Aerospace Material Specification SAE AMS2403, Nickel Plating General Purpose
- Aerospace Material Specification SAE AMS2404, Plating, Electroless Nickel
- Aerospace Material Specification SAE AMS2405, Electroless Nickel Plating Low Phosphorous
- MIL-C26074 Military Specification, Coatings, Electroless Nickel, Requirements
- Aerospace Material Specification SAE AMS2759/9, Hydrogen Embrittlement Relief (Baking) of Steel Parts
- Aerospace Material Specification SAE AMS2759/11, Pre-Plate Stress Relief of Steel Parts
- ASTM B117 Salt Spray (Fog) Testing
- Fed-STD-141, Method 6192 Taber Abrasion Test
- D4060-10, Standard Test Method for Abrasion Resistance of Organic Coatings by the Taber Abraser
- ASTM E 376 Measuring of Coating Thickness by magnetic Field or Eddy Current(Electromagnetic) Test Methods
- ASTM E 384 Microhardness of Materials
- ASTM 487 Measurement of Metal and Oxide Coating Thicknesses by Microscopical Examination of a Cross Section
- ASTM 499 Measurement of Coating Thickness by the Magnetic Method
- ASTM B504 Measurement of Thickness of Metallic Coatings by the Coulometric Method
- ASTM B 568 Measurement of Coating Thickness by X-Ray Spectrometry
- ASTM F519 Mechanical Hydrogen Embrittlement Testing of Plating Processes
- ASTM B571 Qualitative Adhesion Testing of Metallic Coatings
- ASTM F519 Hydrogen Embrittlement
Plastic Injection Molding
Automation + Linear Motion
Pumps And Compressors
Food Processing And Packaging
Oil And Gas Extraction
The Armoloy family of coatings are specifically designed to keep machinery and equipment running longer. For increased wear life, reduced friction, protection from corrosion and galling, and many other benefits, Armoloy of Illinois provides a full range of metallic surface coatings to the manufacturing community. High precision is our specialty.
Armoloy provides industry-leading protective metallic coatings that benefit various industries, including food processing/packaging, oil/gas extraction, Aerospace, medical, and nuclear industries, to name a few. Metal surface treatments tailored to these applications must withstand extremely harsh conditions and provide added durability capable of extending the life of components and systems. Our experienced staff can help engineer the right metal finishing solution to your application.
Our proprietary metal surface treatments are fully compliant with the industry's most rigorous requirements and certifications. At less than 170ᵒF, the Armoloy metal finish process is considered a "cold process" that will not distort or anneal coated parts. The Armoloy coatings form a hard protective metallic surface with an absolute bond to the base metal that will not affect part tolerances or balance. This thin, precision coating will improve surface hardness and lubricity while dramatically increasing your coated parts' wear life. Our stringent quality requirements and onsite product testing will ensure your parts meet strict industry standards.
Armoloy offers a variety of coating solutions engineered to solve your coating needs. The Armoloy TDC/XADC coating will not flake, chip or peel from your base material ensuring a safe coating process that is food and medical application safe. Your maintenance and machinery expenses will lessen thanks to the coating's increased wear resistance leading to decreased downtime and replacement costs. Don't settle for traditional metallic plating shortcomings when you can have the Armoloy family of coatings protecting your valuable automated systems and components.